Beginning the week of March 12th, Rincon is starting “21 days of Prayer and Outreach!” Each week, a daily prayer guide will be handed out during our worship service which includes seven days of ideas that could lead to some great conversations, some great friendships, and to the sharing of the greatest news of all – the gospel of Jesus Christ.
For those participating, dive deep into prayer this week. Try one or two ideas. Try them all. It's up to you and how the Holy Spirit leads you. Have fun with it and listen to God as you go through the week.
Day #1 - Monday, March 12th, 2018
- Look for a need and meet it.
- Pay for someone's coffee.
- Be generous.
- It’s Monday, ask everyone how their weekend was. Let them know the highlight of yours was worshipping at Rincon!
- Tonight, PRAY by name for as many neighbors as you can think of.
- Take a prayer walk around your neighborhood. PRAY that each house comes to know Christ this Easter season.
- Invite a coworker or two to lunch. Just be a great friend today.
- Make a dozen cookies for every house on your block. Have the whole family deliver them.
- PRAY that you make a new friend.
Day #3 – Wednesday, March 14th, 2018
- When you're in line at the grocery store, make a new friend.
- Start to invite others to RESURRECTION DAY services on April 1st. Combine it with an invite to brunch or lunch afterwards.
- PRAY for eyes to see and a heart to care for those that are lost around us.
Day #4 – Thursday, March 15th, 2018
- Start making your family plans for Easter. Include everyone you invite to Resurrection Day in your plans.
- Make sure you smile at people today. People are drawn to joy!
- Ask someone what their plans for the weekend are. Make sure when you tell them your plans to include Sunday at RINCON!
- PRAY that today you are aware of God’s presence throughout your day. Pray continually.
Day #5 – Friday, March 16th, 2018
- Have a front yard barbecue and see who you can get to stop by.
- Bring the donuts to work this morning. Kindness is always a good start to a spiritual conversation.
- Go to a friend's kid's game this week. Cheer for them and see where God takes the conversation.
- PRAY for a passion for God’s word and a new devotion to do what it says.
Days #6 and #7, Saturday, March 17th and Sunday, March 18th, 2018
- If you see someone doing some work at their house this weekend, volunteer to help them out.
- Take the family or a friend to the park and share the day with everyone you meet.
- Invite a new friend to brunch.
- During worship Sunday, look for people that you haven't met yet. Today is the day to meet them and start to build that relationship.
- PRAY for your Pastor and everyone involved in leading worship this Sunday.